Templemore Community Development Association
Who are we?
Templemore Community Development Association (TCDA) is a community group founded to promote, support and seek funding for local community projects. The Association was set up in 2016 following two well attended public meetings where people expressed an interest in volunteering as part of a group to fill the vacuum created following the dissolution of Templemore Town Council in 2014.
What is our aim?
The aim of the Association is to:
Make Templemore and its environs a better place to live
Work closely with all relevant government bodies and support groups
Establish a good working relationship with all elected representatives
Encourage, harness and foster the energy of all those associated with the town of Templemore for the betterment of its inhabitants and to provide the future generations with a home to be proud of.
Since its formation TCDA has worked to establish credibility and influence with other community groups, local authorities and public representatives as well as statutory and voluntary bodies involved in supporting community development through providing expertise and/or funding. TCDA is a registered member of the Public Participation Network: PPN Tipperary.
How is the association structured?
The TCDA consists of a steering committee, currently 11 members along with 13 association members. The steering committee meet on a monthly basis, usually the second Wednesday of each month in the McAuley Centre, while all 24 members gather quarterly.
The current Steering Committee officers and members are:
Chair: Tom Peters Declan Glynn
Vice Chair: Michael Connell Pat Hassey
Secretary: Sally Loughnane Kevin Ludlow
Treasurer: Michael O’Brien Myles McMurrow
Public Relations: Ronan Loughnane Breda Webster
The association also established the following sub-committees to support and manage emerging projects and initiatives:
Research and Funding – Chair: Michael Connell
Public Relations and Marketing – Chair: Ronan Loughnane
Town Park Lake Maintenance – Chair: Myles McMurrow
Five Year Community Action Plan – Chair Kevin Ludlow and vice chair John Walsh
Website Development – Chair: Pat Hassey
Projects and achievements
- Our projects to date have been supported by Templemore /Thurles Municipality, Tipperary County Council in association with their Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and in co-operation with North Tipperary Leader Partnership (NTLP). The key to TCDA success to date is working closely with and supporting other community organisations in developing initiatives and securing funding as outlined below:
- Renovation and reconstruction of Templemore Town Park boundary wall on the Dunkerrin approach road in association with Templemore Tidy Towns. Total project cost of £42,423, 75% funding received through NTLP and LCDC. Work to start in October, 2018.
- Maintenance of Town Park Lake in association with Templemore Fishing Club. Total project cost of £7,500 received through Templemore/Thurles Municipality. Work will be ongoing and seasonal.
- Provision of Christmas lighting for Templemore in association with Templemore Traders Association and Templemore /Thurles Municipality. Total project cost of
£43,000. Completed for Christmas 2017.
- Templemore Community Development Association Website: www.Templemore.ie developed in 2018.
- Preparation of a 5 Year Community Action Plan for Templemore Town, to enhance the town as an attractive place to visit, work, live and do business in. Total project cost of £9,655, 90% funding received through NTLP and LCDC. Work has just commenced.
Wish to join the Association?
We wish to be inclusive and encourage anyone with an interest in making Templemore a better place to come on board. To do so contact any member of the association or email firstname.lastname@example.org